Money Island Marina is a membership-based facility. Membership provides access to all activities and resources. Membership is $60 for an annual 12 month membership. Additional family or household members can be added for $10 adult, $5 child. A membership FAQs page is available with more information.
HOW TO JOIN: Just fill out the short membership form at the marina office or below at the bottom of this page. Quick Link to online visitor or membership registration.
HOW TO PAY: Pay the membership fee in person at the marina (we take cash or cards) or if you use the online form then we will send a PayPal invoice to pay online.
GUEST POLICY – Members are welcome and encouraged to bring guests. Please have your guest check-in on arrival and sign a visitor registration.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS – Members in good standing have access to the following privileges.
- Discounted boat ramp use ($5 for members, $10 or 20 for non-members)
- Discounted boat wash use ($5 for members, $10 for non-members)
- Free use of a cabin, beach or picnic dock area, subject to availability
- Free use of crab traps and loaner fishing equipment
- Free use of our floating fishing docks, piers and stationary docks
- Live/fresh/frozen bait – as available: minnows, shedder crab, grass shrimp, fiddler crab, bunker, eels, clams, oysters. ($5 for members, $10 for non-members).
- Locally made artificial blood worms and other artificial bait
- Free ice for cooling fish, crabs and food while on site or traveling from the marina
- Assistance with registration and printing of NJ saltwater fishing registration
- Personal help from Captain Bruce, our own Money Island Marina Fishing Pro
- Use of our covered deck, seating and picnic areas and beach gazebo for private events
- Plenty of free Parking
- Clean rest room facilities
- Fish cleaning tables
- Invitations to events including seafood barbecues (usually free but usually we request a donation for a local charitable cause)
- Free use of our fishing kayaks
- Free use of crabbing trot line and crab traps
- Free use of cast net, shrimp net and seine net for catching live bait ($5 cash deposit required)
- Free use of loaner life jackets (children under 12 must wear life jackets by law)
- Free use of loaner fishing equipment
- Free use of the marina boats – only as approved by Tony, the boats’ owner, and only when he is on site, has another rescue boat running, and has checked operator’s license or has given the boater safety course, and is assured of the operator’s responsibility.
- Discounted price of Captain Bruce’s charter boat trips
- Mini boating safety course available for one-day boat operator’s permit (allows you to operate a local motorboat)
- Priority ordering of crabs and seafood as available at market price or occasionally offered to members at a discounted price.
- Discounts and offers from local businesses
- Special deals offered via text message or social media throughout the season
- Authority to make reservations in advance for bait, seafood, equipment or facilities
- Authority to make member account charges on site without paying cash on site
- Access to boat slips and dry dock for short term or long term rental (see separate boat slip rental agreement)
GRATUITIES: Members using free or discounted marina services are encouraged to offer gratuities to staff and volunteers for excellent service. Tips are a significant and important part of their pay.
CASH DEPOSIT FOR LOANER EQUIPMENT: A $5 cash deposit is required to ensure the return of loaned equipment. The deposit is returned when you notify us that the equipment is returned in good condition to its original storage location.
RESTRICTIONS/DISCLAIMER – Membership benefits are offered on a best-efforts basis. We recognize that it is not possible to offer every membership benefit to every member at all times. Availability of these benefits are subject to factors outside of our control including weather, mechanical breakdown and natural conditions. The marina manager may ration or restrict benefits at his discretion. Our inability or election to not offer specific benefits is understood and agreed by members to not be a basis for a claim of breach of the membership agreement offer.