The former Money Island Marina property is now used as a private residence while waiting for stabilization and sustainable redevelopment led by Baysave, a 501(c )(3) registered charity. Guest use is welcome under specific requirements. Use of facilities by guests presumes familiarity with and agreement to abide by this guest policy. THE THREE HIGHLIGHTED AND UNDERLINED STATEMENTS REQUIRE GUEST RESPONSE.
1) FINANCIAL SUPPORT – Access to the property is free but we request that if you are able to do so, please support Baysave with a financial donation of at least $250. Maintaining public access to the water is enormously expensive and we hope to prevent the bayshore from becoming a wealthy person’s exclusive territory as some predict. If interested Baysave also offers private investment partnerships and seeks donations of equipment or labor. See Baysave.org/donate or speak with Tony Novak 856-447-3576.
2) ENGLISH SPEAKING – We are limited to communication in English language so one responsible adult per must be able to communicate in English.
3) TEXT MESSAGE BASED – For convenience and efficiency, all guest communications are based on text messages so you must have a device capable of sending and receiving messages and we must know the number. Use 856-265-0306 (business text) or, if no response, use 856-237-9199 (personal cell) to reach Tony Novak via text message.
4) IDENTIFICATION – We must have the identification of the responsible adult in each family or group of visitors. Please send a text message photo of your driver’s license one time before your first visit.
5) RELEASE OF LIABILITY – Marinas and waterways are dangerous. Our facilities are dangerous. We are not insured for these risks. You must assume responsibility for injury or property damage and hold us harmless. You must acknowledge this responsibility for all members of your group who travelled with you to Money Island. Text “I have read and agree to the guest policy” once before your first visit.
6) CONSENT TO BROADCAST – You acknowledge that you are aware that public access cameras at Money Island and that you consent to that broadcast.
7) DAILY NOTICE AND CONSENT – Send a text message each day before arriving. EXAMPLE TEXT MESSAGE: “This is Sam. I’ll be fishing with my kids on the deck this afternoon. We need bunker and ice and want to borrow two crab traps.”
8) NO COMMERCIAL OFFER, BUY/SELL/BARTER/TRADE – It is historically common for the members of this community to share resources, extra supplies, bait, food and drink. This is not a commercial arrangement. This is just a personal thank you by Tony Novak to the community for supporting Baysave.
9) WHAT’S AVAILABLE – In general, guests may use the property, cabin, boat launch, boats, kayaks, rafts, boat and kayak storage, fuel, boat launch, fishing and other equipment, fishing tackle, crab traps, toys, tools, water, snacks, safety equipment, decks, picnic areas, beach, barbecue grills, refrigerator/freezer, bait, ice, boat wash, undercarriage wash, as specifically agreed in daily notice and consent. It is common to share extra live bait and seafood but no assurance that these are always available. Always ask about availability of specific items. Businesses operating here may establish separate fees that are not part of this agreement.
10) WHAT’S NOT AVAILABLE – We cannot authorize or offer anything that requires a government permit, license, fee, inspection or tax. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. You must complete your own saltwater fishing registry and obtain your own commercial or recreational fishing or harvesting licenses. We have the right to presume that you’ve determined that your actions are legal. We are not responsible for checking or offering an opinion.
11) CHANGES – This guest policy may change over time. This version is current as of 6/15/2021. Your use as a guest presumes that you have read and agree to the most current version published here.
12) REVOCATION OF GUEST PRIVILEGES – Guest privileges can be revoked at any time without without cause.
13) GENERAL GOOD BEHAVIOR – Please follow the principle of the Golden Rule. Leave it better than you found it. Put things back in their place. Close gates. If you take something, replace it. Report any problem or if you notice anything broken or missing. Report any suspicious activity. Avoid damaged or dangerous situations. Introduce yourself to others here. We have an acceptable behavior policy. Spread these rules if anyone seems to be unfamiliar. Most of all, enjoy and spread positive energy!