It never gets old.
We just resolved the boat slip questions for 2016:
- We lowered slip rental prices last year for 2015 to $45 per foot and the rate will remain the same for 2016. There will be a $100 surcharge for the slips with the new finger docks; we have 4 more under construction this winter. The intent is to keep the cost as low as possible for those who are price sensitive but to cover the cost of the new slips and other upgrades over time.
- Part of D dock, near Bowen’s and away from the recreational boats, will be converted to large boat and commercial boat parallel docks. Our intent is that by removing extra recreational dock capacity we will get back to 100% recreational dock usage more quickly. The number of available slips will decrease from 64 to 45.
- I made a physical inspection of the docks yesterday. We are in better physical shape than in any past year but will continue to work on a “punch list” of repairs. If you know of anything that needs attention on your dock, please let me know.
- The slip rental agreement is available for download. Nothing is changed from last year except that Tony will check for and counter-sign the lease agreement before the boat comes in.
- Please consider giving us a hand by spreading the word. We need a few more boaters who appreciate our “private bay”.
“The Coast Guard recommends mariners to carry a working VHF radio, life jackets and signaling devices prior to beginning their voyage. VHF radios have a greater range than cell phones, and provide a direct link to Coast Guard watchstanders.”
Congratulations to Tom and Samantha and their families on the birth of Thomas Todd Pew III, born 11:55 pm last night, 7 pounds even according to his grandmother. Young Tom may be Money Island’s first 3rd generation waterman.
We expect full moon flooding on the roadways this morning 1/10/2016 and for the next few days. High tide is about 9:30. Use the tide lookup tool to check tide times and water level predictions. The roadway may be impassable for an hour or two before and after high tide.