We just resolved the boat slip questions for 2016:
- We lowered slip rental prices last year for 2015 to $45 per foot and the rate will remain the same for 2016. There will be a $100 surcharge for the slips with the new finger docks; we have 4 more under construction this winter. The intent is to keep the cost as low as possible for those who are price sensitive but to cover the cost of the new slips and other upgrades over time.
- Part of D dock, near Bowen’s and away from the recreational boats, will be converted to large boat and commercial boat parallel docks. Our intent is that by removing extra recreational dock capacity we will get back to 100% recreational dock usage more quickly. The number of available slips will decrease from 64 to 45.
- I made a physical inspection of the docks yesterday. We are in better physical shape than in any past year but will continue to work on a “punch list” of repairs. If you know of anything that needs attention on your dock, please let me know.
- The slip rental agreement is available for download. Nothing is changed from last year except that Tony will check for and counter-sign the lease agreement before the boat comes in.
- Please consider giving us a hand by spreading the word. We need a few more boaters who appreciate our “private bay”.