A Letter From Our Controller on Money Island 2021 Use Procedures
2020 was a crazy year. It was dangerous and costly time for me personally here at Money Island with the marina closed. I personally suffered two assaults, break-ins, thefts, a civil claim and a state lawsuit for unauthorized use of the property. Many visitors came from long distances during the pandemic shutdown just for fishing and I tried to accommodate but it did not end well for us. We must make changes for next year.
To be clear:
- The recreational marina business is closed. The property is now a personal residence.
- Use of the property is encouraged for a wide range of safe, legal and sustainable activities but ONLY by pre-negotiated written contract.
- Uses permitted only by contract include: jetty fishing, boat launch, use of Baysave boats, kayaks, decks, storage, bait, ice, equipment, boat storage, boat dockage, aquaculture, research, camping, cabins, and charter boats.
- Trespassing is not permitted and will be prosecuted next year.
- Dock use requires a separate government permit.
- Free public locations are available on the eastern side of Money Island across the bridge that do not require any of these preparations.
- State and municipal laws apply (fishing from bridge and bulkhead, parking, fishing registration and catch rules, etc.) but these are not my concern.
Text me at (856) 237-9199 each day before using property to receive a written day pass. A $50 security dispatch charge may apply even if you are authorized to be here but do not have a Day Pass.
Tony Novak, Controller
BaySave Corporation, P.O. Box 333, Newport NJ 08345
www.baysave.org (856) 447-3576
NJ Charity Registration Number: CH3758200