Money Island Marina is now a private use facility. Membership is required for access to all activities and resources. In general, the annual household membership fee of $50 replaces most of the individual cost of services. A membership FAQs page is available with more information.
HOW TO JOIN: It’s easy to join. Just fill out the membership form below (at the bottom of this page) or in person at the marina. If you use the online form then we will send a secure electronic invoice to request the $50 fee.
GUEST POLICY – Guests are welcome and encouraged. Members are encouraged to bring as many quests as they wish. Please check in on arrival and ask quests to fill in a guest pass. Guests will be invited to join as a member and, if they give permission on the guest form, we will invite them via email or text message to future events. If a guest likes it enough to return for a second visit, we ask that they join as a member.
TRANSITION PERIOD – The marina manager has complete discretion in managing guest policies during the transition period to the new membership policy. Guests who may arrive for the first time this season as a non-member will be handled on a case-by-case basis. For example, the manager may charge a $20 ramp fee (that is normally free to members) if a guest does not know about the new membership policy and is not prepared to join as a member. The same principle applies: if a guest likes it enough to return for a second visit then we ask that they join as a member.
MEMBER BENEFITS – Members in good standing have access to the following privileges. Most of these benefits are included at no additional charge. (Separate additional agreement and fee arrangements apply for boat slips, moorage, dry dock, long term trailer parking. and products we must purchase for resale).
- Boat ramp use
- Boat wash use
- Day or overnight use of a cabin, subject to availability and other details
- Use of floating fishing docks, designated piers and stationary docks
- Local live/fresh/frozen bait – as available (minnows, shedder crab, grass shrimp, fiddler crab, bunker, eels, clams, oysters). This does not include purchased bait.
- Locally made artificial blood worms and other artificial bait at a discount price
- Ice for cooling fish, crabs and food while on site or traveling from the marina
- Assistance with registration and printing of NJ saltwater fishing registration
- Personal help from our own ‘Money Island Marina Fishing Pros’
- Use of the covered deck, seating and picnic areas and beach gazebo for private events
- Rest room facilities
- Fish cleaning tables
- Invitations to events including seafood barbecues (some are free, some request a donation for a local chritable cause)
- Use of ‘loaner’ kayaks
- Use of crabbing trot line and crab traps
- Use of cast net , shrimp net and seine net for catching live bait
- Use of ‘loaner’ life jackets (children under 12 must wear life jackets by law)
- Use of ‘loaner’ fishing equipment
- Limited use of marina boat as approved by the marina manager (we are no longer offering boat rentals)
- Discounted price of charter boat trips
- Mini boating safety course available for one-day boat operator’s permit (allows you to operate a local motorboat)
- Priority ordering of crabs and seafood as available at market price or occasionally offered to members at a discounted price.
- Discounts and offers from local businesses
- Special deals offered via text message or social media throughout the season
- Authority to make reservations in advance for bait, seafood, equipment or facilities
- Authority to make member account charges without paying cash on site
- Boat slip use for short term or long term rental (see separate boat slip rental agreement)
RESTRICTIONS/DISCLAIMER – These membership benefits are offered on a best-efforts basis. There is no expectation that every membership benefit will be available to every member at all times. Availability of these benefits are subject to factors outside of our control including weather, mechanical breakdown and natural conditions. The marina manager may ration or restrict benefits at his discretion. Our inability or election to not offer specific benefits is understood and agreed by members to not be a basis for a claim of breach of the membership agreement offer.
MEMBERSHIP FEE – Regular annual membership is $50 per household. Membership fee is not taxable as a social club. A $2 credit card processing fee may apply but only if paid by card on site.
APPLICATION – We welcome your membership application at any time either online or in person.
A complete membership application package is available for download or you may use this quick online application form below. We will contact you shortly after your membership application is received to verify information. Upon acceptance, you will receive an invoice for the membership fee and a new members package.