Money Island Marina is a membership-based facility. Membership provides access to all activities and resources. The annual household membership fee is $50. A membership FAQs page is available with more information.
HOW TO JOIN: It is easy to join. Just fill out the short membership form at the marina office or below at the bottom of this page.
HOW TO PAY: Pay the $50 fee in person at the marina (we take cash or cards) or if you use the online form then we will send an invoice to pay online:
GUEST POLICY – Guests are welcome and encouraged. Members are encouraged to bring as many quests as they wish. Please check in on arrival and ask quests to fill in a guest registration. Guests will be invited to join as a member and, if they give permission on the guest registration, we will invite them via email or text message to future events. In some circumstances a guest fee may be charged at the discretion of the marina manager.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS – Members in good standing have access to the following privileges. Most of these benefits are included at no additional charge. (Separate additional agreement and fee arrangements apply for boat slips, moorage, dry dock, long term trailer parking. and products we must purchase for resale).
- Unlimited boat ramp use
- Unlimited boat wash use
- Use of a cabin, beach or picnic dock area, subject to availability
- Use of our floating fishing docks, piers and stationary docks
- Free local live/fresh/frozen bait – as available: minnows, shedder crab, grass shrimp, fiddler crab, bunker, eels, clams, oysters. This does not include purchased bait.
- Locally made artificial blood worms and other artificial bait at a discount price
- Free ice for cooling fish, crabs and food while on site or traveling from the marina
- Assistance with registration and printing of NJ saltwater fishing registration
- Personal help from Captain Bruce, our own Money Island Marina Fishing Pro
- Use of our covered deck, seating and picnic areas and beach gazebo for private events
- Plenty of free Parking
- Clean rest room facilities
- Fish cleaning tables
- Invitations to events including seafood barbecues (usually free but usually we request a donation for a local charitable cause)
- Free use of our fishing kayaks
- Free use of crabbing trot line and crab traps
- Free use of cast net, shrimp net and seine net for catching live bait
- Free use of loaner life jackets (children under 12 must wear life jackets by law)
- Free use of loaner fishing equipment
- Free use of the marina boat – only as approved by Tony, the boat owner when he is on site and has checked or given the boater safety course
- Discounted price of Captain Brice’s charter boat trips
- Mini boating safety course available for one-day boat operator’s permit (allows you to operate a local motorboat)
- Priority ordering of crabs and seafood as available at market price or occasionally offered to members at a discounted price.
- Discounts and offers from local businesses
- Special deals offered via text message or social media throughout the season
- Authority to make reservations in advance for bait, seafood, equipment or facilities
- Authority to make member account charges on site without paying cash on site
- Access to boat slips and dry dock for short term or long term rental (see separate boat slip rental agreement)
RESTRICTIONS/DISCLAIMER – Membership benefits are offered on a best-efforts basis. We recognize that it is not possible to offer every membership benefit to every member at all times. Availability of these benefits are subject to factors outside of our control including weather, mechanical breakdown and natural conditions. The marina manager may ration or restrict benefits at his discretion. Our inability or election to not offer specific benefits is understood and agreed by members to not be a basis for a claim of breach of the membership agreement offer.